ASAP: Financial Analyst (GAAP) / Specialist accounting holdings - statutory
Location: Netherlands, Oss
Duration: +/- 3 months
Start: Preferably ASAP (1 dec 2020) This is a maternity leave cover
Our client is a multinational pharmaceutical company located in Oss. For a temporary assignment we are looking for a skilled Financial Analyst with GAAP experience.
The NL Finance Hub is divided into the Finance Director EMEA & LA Hubs Controlling Group, the Entities Controlling Group, the Finance Director AP Hub Controlling Group (location Singapore), the Risk and Financial Compliance, Controlling Tax, Pensions and Treasury and some other activities. Our team is responsible for Entity Reporting & Financial Controlling of GHH, AH, MMD GHH and AH, MRL and Global Functions. There are close relations with the Tax, Treasury and SCM teams globally.
The Accountant (Specialist) will be responsible together with the lead accountant for maintaining the financial integrity and soundness of the books of large number of legal entities.
The objective of this role is to work closely with the lead accountant and manager to ensure that the accounting records: (i) accurately reflect the results of the associated business processes, (ii) are in line with US GAAP and global financial policies and (iii) comply with respective local statutory and tax requirements.
The Accountant will support the company's legal entity transformation and restructuring initiatives and play an active role in supporting internal and external audits. Furthermore, the Accountant will be involved in the preparation of periodic profitably analyses, tax forecasts and any other ad-hoc analyses as requested by the many stakeholders.
(!) General Ledger accounting, US GAAP, Dutch GAAP and tax leger. + Prepare monthly journal entries for complex/non-routine transactions (examples: dividends, financial instruments)
- Manages monthly interest and loan accounting including (re)payments of principal loan amounts
- Financial analysis, accounting practices and reports (examples: FX results, business deals, tax report)
- Support monthly closing and submit data to corporate for holdings
- Work collaboratively with Business Service Centers and Center of Excellences on accounting practices and reports
- Prepare statutory reporting of holding companies based on Dutch GAAP
- Support lead accountant employee on corporate income tax return tasks
- Supports internal and external audits
- Control / Compliance environment - Financial and Sox
- Preparation of DNB reporting for all NL companies
- Contact person for DNB for all NL companies
- Preparation of and / or backup role in CBS reporting for holding entities
- Corporate Income Tax calculation and internal Tax reporting
- Work with Treasury in annual dividend process and prepare dividend tests before payment and on Legal Entity Integration transactions
- Contracts / Loan review
- Support implementation of continuous improvement initiatives in order to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of processes within own work-area
- Accounting/Finance education or equivalent (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience as an accountant in an international environment.
- Good knowledge of accounting regulations and practices (US GAAP, Dutch GAAP).
- Proficient in Excel and SAP.
- Business-level English skills (speaking and writing) required
- Experience with big four is a plus
Competencies required for the role:
- Problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive working style to implement new processes.
- Ability to work independently, capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Solid communication, interpersonal, and organization skills enabling effective communication.
- Very strong internal customer/stakeholder focus.
- Excellent ethics and behaviors (demonstrate high degree of integrity).
- Analytical mindset with ability to break down complex topics.
- Control and compliance mindset.
Are you interested or do you know somebody who would be interested in this role? Do you want to know more about this position? Do not hesitate and contact me!