Artwork Production Specialist
My client is a big FMCG Multinational located in Zuid Holland.
The main goals of this position is coordinating packaging artwork projects from design lock through to commercially reproducible mechanical artwork and separations in a timely manner. The position liaise with internal teams (such as Marekting, R&D, Supply Chain) who provide pre-mechanical data and artwork content, and also external partners (PMA’s, design agencies, Printers, etc) who deliver the work in the form of mechanical artwork and printed packaging.
- Manage and be accountable for the timely delivery of Mechanical artwork and separation files to printers / suppliers in order to deliver packaging on a timely basis (OTIF).
- Create all projects in the Artwork Management System and manage delivery through this system following the Artwork process and System workflows.
- Consult with Marketing and cross functional project team on timeline development, manage production process issues and act as first point of contact for external production vendors. Provide transparency back to Marketing and project leaders regarding progress and timeline compliance of their projects to enable them to follow up with other functional team members for task completion.
- Set-up and run pre-production meetings bringing together design agencies, PMA’s and printers to ensure that quality and consistency is maintained from artwork through to print phase of the process.
- Ensure that design files (Master-Design Toolbox) are created according to UL specifications and handed off properly to PMA.
- Approve color reliable proofs (which will become a contract proof once it is signed) on behalf of Marketing to ensure that the proof meets marketing’s expectations.
- Approve color standards (1st press pass) if not covered by Supplier (PMA)
- Provide expert guidance and input to Marketing regarding technical requirements for print production and potential challenges; make recommendations for best possible execution within budget and timing.
- Check work confirmation from PMA in regards to accuracy of content for work performed. Report work confirmation approval to party responsible for invoice approval.
- A background in print, design or design project management. Either through studies or part-time studies. It would be beneficial to have some basic experience in the area of packaging: print production, print management, and possibly graphic design, package development, supply management
Contact me and upload your CV via the apply button.